Friday, July 12, 2013
9 Undeniable (and humorous) Life-Truths
- When you want to say (or post) something mean, just saying "No offense but..." in front of doesn't take away the sting. Trust me, I've tried it. They still get offended.
- You never look as tired as you feel. Unless you're a Mom and you've been up all night and then you probably look both tired AND old. No offense.
- Little boys get pee on their hand almost every time they pee standing up. Be wary of letting a little boy's hands come anywhere near your face cause that's really just the beginning.
- Popsicles are magical.
- People aren't living as fun a life as it looks like on Facebook. It's all an illusion so don't feel bad.
- Having a cell phone permanently attached to our hand probably make us better friends, but definitely worse parents. (This became clear to me last weekend when my daughter fell off the table mid-text. Does it make it better that I was texting another Mom to set up a playdate for her and that's why I didn't notice that she was up on the table???)
- Yawing and misery really are both very contagious.
- Hiccuping is not.
- In the wise words of my friend Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around every once in awhile, you could miss it." It really is true.
Happy weekend everyone!