Saturday, May 5, 2012
Packing for trips and Other Life Mysteries
We are leaving soon for Florida (Yipeee!) so I am in the throes of packing and preparing for our trip. During this, I have uncovered a mystery. My list never seems to end. I literally feel that if just kept this list going forever, I would never stop thinking of things to bring with us on vacation. How can that be? Surely there is a limit to how much we will need when we are in Florida for a week, so it's a mystery to me that I will still wake up in the middle of the night think, "DVD Charger!".
Since I have so much free time (Ha!), this led me to think of a few of the other mysteries of life:
- Why do kids always wait until fully strapped into the car seat before realizing they have to pee?
- Why will I carry everything from the car, including a backpack, a lunchbox, a computer, my purse, my iPad, shopping bags, blankies AND a kid on my hip, just so I don't have to make two trips? Would making two trips really so bad?
- Why is it always so tempting to check my phone when I hear that familiar ding of an email or text? Why it is so much more interesting than what I am currently doing?
- How is it that I can adore my life, my kids, and my friends, yet when I look at Facebook, I always feel the familiar pang of, "Are they having more fun than I am? Why didn't I get invited to that party?" I swear, I wouldn't change a thing about my life, but Facebook does strange things to people.
- They say that the definition of crazy is repeating the same behavior over and over again. Does that make my children certifiably insane? Because I counted and I heard them repeat, "Mommy" 156 times yesterday, even though I was clearly busy and was unable to answer, yet they thought it was worth repeating over and over again. My two year old says "Why" about 302 times per day. I'm not exaggerating.
- Why are little boys so yucky? My son (2) always wakes up sticky and smelly, no matter how many baths I give him. Yet my daughter (4) always wakes up fresh as a daisy!
- Why does a siren always sound so much like a crying baby? My kids rarely wake up in the middle of the night crying anymore, yet every time I hear a siren, I sit straight up with my heart pounding. It really is a very similar sound!
PS...When I get back, I do plan to summarize my list of what I ended up packing and needing to think about, in case it might help you one day so stay tuned (Haha, I'm sure you will be on pins and needles! :-))
Did you enjoy my post? Don't forget to vote click the Google + button below and maybe even vote for me by clicking the banner below. You can also enter your email address below to receive all my updates! I really appreciate your support!!
Want to see all my posts? Put your email address here to become a subscriber!