Thursday, June 25, 2015
Super Yummy Stuffed Zucchini
2 or 3 Large Zucchini
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
4 slices Turkey Bacon (or regular, your choice)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Set oven to 400
2. Cut zucchini in half and scoop out zucchini flesh. I have tried this several ways. I tried using a melon-baller. I tried using a spoon. The best and fastest way is to use a steak knife and carefully cut out the flesh. Every other way is just too slow for me.
3. Cook the bacon (I prefer microwave)
4. Chop the flesh and place the shells into a 9x13 Pyrex, sprayed with Pam
5. Melt the butter and add the zucchini. Cook for 3-5 minutes and add onions.
6. Continue cooking for another few minutes, until tender.
7. Meanwhile, cut up the bacon and tomato
8. Add the bacon and tomato to the pan and cook for 1 minute
9. Pour all ingredients in a bowl, along with bread crumbs, cheese, and a dash of cayenne pepper for a little extra zing (we like things spicy)
10. Fill zucchini shells and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Tip: You can prepare this early in the day and cover with foil until you are ready to cook. I paired this with pork tenderloin and it was a great meal!
Totally unrelated to cooking, but here is my book! It is written by both a Mom (me) and a Teacher, and we give lots of ideas on ways to stimulate your child's brain with easy, fun activities, which also free you up to do things you need to do, like cooking!