Thursday, January 31, 2013
When the Kids are Driving me Crazy....
I have been doing some solemn research on this topic and I have found that when this happens, there are only four ways to reverse the atmosphere:
- Let them watch a TV show. Sometimes just getting their minds off the cycle will change the mood for the entire day. Experts say kids shouldn't watch too much TV, but let's be honest. It works. And sometimes you just need it.
- Get in the car. It doesn't matter if I just drive in circles. Getting everyone out of the house gives me a break and again, it takes their minds off the cycle of bad behavior.
- Play tag and/or hide and go seek. They often just need to burn energy. Just chase them around the house and let them scream.
- Put on music. Have a dance party. Do a piggy back ride and sway to the music. (I have found the song Monster Mash to be particularly effective)
- Put on an exercise tape! I was amazed at how my kids (ages four and 2) loved to follow along and raise their arms when instructed. The bonus is that I got to exercise and they burned energy at the same time!
Tell me what you do when your kids are driving you crazy! And again, thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I truly appreciate hearing from you!
Did you enjoy my post? Don't forget to vote for me by clicking the banner below. You can also enter your email address below to receive all my updates! I really appreciate your support!!