Saturday, June 2, 2012
Delicious Secrets of a Mom Blogger
Lately I've been hearing a lot about how Pinterest and bloggers are making Moms feel inadequate, like they aren't doing enough with their kids compared to other Moms. Luckily, I doubt anyone feels that way about my blog since I'm a bit of a moron.
However, one of my fellow bloggers, At Home With Ali did a fun post about things she doesn't usually share on her blog. Ali is one of those amazing bloggers with insanely beautiful photos and creative ideas but in this post she admits that sometimes her kids wear pajamas all day. And she yells. The horror!! :-) I really enjoyed reading her post about her delicious little secrets so much that I thought I would share some of my own delicious secrets with my readers. As you will see, I'm certainly not a perfect Mom.
1. My kids have gone a full week without a bath
2. Last week, I was home alone with the kids and little Buddy pooped, and I pretended I didn't smell it for awhile because I really hate changing poopy diapers. He squirms and kicks and tries to grab the diaper and sometimes I just can't face it.
3. I love putting my kids to bed, mainly because I'm so excited for some adult time. This is especially true if I'm home alone and I know I'll get to watch Real Housewives all by myself.
4. When we pick up my favorite sub sandwiches, I order a cookie for myself, but not for the kids and I wait to eat it until they've gone upstairs for naps.
5. Sometimes I hear my daughter jumping on her bed during nap time. I don't go yell at her. I just smile, glad that she's staying upstairs where she is supposed to be.
6. Not that long ago, I put aluminum foil on a bowl and popped it in the microwave. Hubby heard strange noises and came running over and explained to me that you can't put foil in the microwave. I'd like to say that I just forgot about that rule and that's why I almost blew up my house and my family, but I honestly swear I never learned that rule. I've probably been doing it for years.
7. Little Buddy's first trip to the ER was totally my fault. Note to self: Wild wrestling encouraged by Mom is not a good idea, especially if it takes place close to furniture. Bloody heads will be the result.
8. I haven't ironed in over two years
9. I wash my jeans about twice a year
10. Sometimes I wear the same clothes two days in a row.
Okay, I better stop or you will lose all respect for me. I would really love to hear your delicious secrets...
Oh, and PLEASE vote for me, will ya?? I would LOVE to get back into the top 5!!! I NEED SOME VOTES!!! I really appreciate your support!!
Want to see all my posts? Put your email address here to become a subscriber!