Friday, June 15, 2012
10 Things I do for the Kids that I Should Do for Myself too
The other day, after I put the kids to sleep, I felt all tired and dehydrated, and I realized that I'd hardly had anything to drink all day, I'd skipped breakfast, and I wearing an old ratty sweatshirt. I had to laugh because I would NEVER allow my kids to pull that @!$@! We Moms do such a great job of caring for our kids and making sure that they are healthy, well-fed, and well-behaved. Yet sometimes we do such a poor job of taking care of ourselves. So, here are 10 things I do for my kids every day that I really need to start doing for myself too.
- Take vitamins every day. You would think this would be easy...but they make my stomach hurt if I don't have a full tummy so I always procrastinate until later in the day...and then of course I forget.
- Drink Plenty of Water. For me, this is a practical thing. If I drink lots of water, I have to pee a lot. Where am I going to pee when I'm out and about all day? And then by late in the afternoon I don't want to be up all night...so then I tell myself I'll do better tomorrow...but I do feel so much better when I'm hydrated so I really need to prioritize!
- Make time for socializing with friends. I've pretty dedicated to making sure my kids get quality time with other little kids their age...Why don't I do the same for myself? Because Mom is never the priority, but I'm going to work on it.
- Eat plenty of veggies. I'm just going to be honest. There are days that go by and I don't eat a single veggie. It's absurd really. I sit and watch the kids eat carrots. Why don't I just join them and have a few myself?
- Make sure the kids never leave the house without looking presentable. i.e. My daughter always has her hair done nicely and is wearing a dress. I think I own about 2 dresses currently.
- Say my prayers. Sometimes I'm so tired I just forget. Shame on me.
- Say Thank You. I really don't say this enough. To my husband, to my Mom, to my Baby-sitter, or to any of the wonderful people in my life that do so much for me.
- Read a Book. It's probably equally important for Mom to read books. It's good for the soul. Plus it really relieves my stress and on top of that, it shows the kids how much I love books too.
- Eat Breakfast. I find that by the time I get the kids their breakfast, their milk, the correct color of fork, napkins, etc., I forget to sit down and eat my own breakfast. Again, shame on me. This is terrible for my metabolism.
- Drink Milk. I really don't want to end up like one of those hunch-back old ladies. But I might if I don't get my act together!
Before you leave, will you do something for me pretty please?? If you just click the banner below, you vote for me and it would mean the world to me! Also, don't forget you can give me a +1 below, which tells Google that you liked my post. Thank you thank you!!