Friday, November 4, 2011
My Favorite Bedtime Procrastinations
I've been compiling a list of my favorite bedtime procrastinations. After I turn the light off, I swear she sits up there and looks around the room and tries to think of reasons to get me to come back up there. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Mommy, I need to cut my fingernails. This is coming from the child who runs around screaming if I EVER come at her with clippers. Now all of a sudden she is dying to cut her fingernails??
- Mommy, I need to go poo poo. This sounds reasonable enough, but she gives me an evil grin, asks me to tell her stories while she sits on the pot, and never actually goes poo poo. I have now become suspicious of that excuse at bedtime.
- I need to blow my nose. Again, seems reasonable enough unless you realize that she doesn't have a cold and just blew her nose 30 seconds ago.
- Various items are out of place (rocking chair is facing the wrong way, the alarm clock is facing too much toward the bed, the books on the shelf are out of place, etc)
- Mommy, I need another kiss
- Mommy, we forgot to pray for....now how do you say no to your daughter wanting to pray for someone?? On the other hand, she will pray for dozens of people including every stuffed animal in her collection. Each one has a name so how can we possibly remember all the real people in her life every night, let alone all the stuffed animals in her room??
Tonight I will hope for an idyllic bedtime. If not, hopefully she'll come up with a new excuse that will make me smile. I am finding out that my little daughter is very creative.