Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Bedtime routines and strange OCD behavior
Hubby is gone at bedtime a lot, which means that I alone have to:
1. Locate all the items, which can be a major chore because she plays with them all day. I found the small teddy bear inside the oven in the play kitchen last night
2. Pick up all the items and carry her and the items up the stairs
3. Arrange all items correctly in bed
4. Read 1 book
5. Tell her one story of when I was a little girl and one story about when Daddy was a little boy
6. Give her a kiss in exactly the right spot on the cheek
The problem is, she doesn't want to leave these items in the bed. Every single morning, she wants me to carry all of these, plus her blankie, plus her down the stairs. That's not even to mention my 18 month old. Luckily all he needs is milk and some food.
We did ask my doctor about all this. He claims it is normal and we should just try to keep her as comfortable as possible. She better grow out of this phase soon. Keep in mind that she already has a full bed, not a twin, and yet the other day she said, "Mommy, I need a bigger bed. Tinkerbell keeps falling out."